Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Short Cables
09-05-19, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-19 03:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Short Cables
I am going to install an ev200 auto pilot and get rid of most maybe all 0183 stuff. I am going to install the acu and ev2 in a different location from the rest of the electronics. I want to run a back bone to them and use a terminator to spur connector to one and a tee spur right behind it. IS there a connector to connect the two spur connectors or a very short backbone cable to go between them? Shortest I see is 15 inches. I hate a bunch of coiled extra wire around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-19, 03:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Short Cables
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Geehaw,

While it is possible to use an A06033 400mm SeaTalkng Backbone Cable for this purpose, it would typically be recommended that you forgo the SeaTalkng Inline Terminator and SeaTalkng T-Piece and instead install an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector in place of these components. The SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector will accommodate both spur cables (with one additional to spare) and a SeaTalkng Termination Plug will be inserted into it's remaining backbone (blue) socket. The remaining spur (white) socket of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector may be sealed with an A06032 SeaTalkng Blanking Plug.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply