Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] MFD Upgrade
09-10-19, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] MFD Upgrade
Hi
I have an old C80 MFD, that seems to be on the way out (self reboots & fuzzy screen), and am investigating upgrading.
In conjunction with my C80, I have ST4000+ autohelm, RD218 Radome Scanner, ST50+ Depth & Speed & ST60+ Wind and a Raystar 125 GPS Receiver (see attached pic).
So, if I move to an axiom 9, will any of these existing instruments or radar interface to each other & the new MFD out of the box or will I have to buy or replace, or add extra networking devices?

During this upgrade, I may wish to include AIS transceiver, does your MFD come with such integrated? If not what additional equipment may I need, splitter & transceiver?

Thanks for your help.
Rgds Simon, N.Ireland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-19, 01:13 PM
RE: [CA11] MFD Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Simon,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the currently installed radome and its cable will need to be replaced. Also as indicated within the referenced FAQ, the ST4000+, ST50+ instruments, ST60+ instruments, and Raystar 125 GPS Sensor may be adapted (via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s)) for use with the Axiom MFD. An AIS700 AIS transceiver is recommended for use with the Axiom MFD. The AIS700 features a built-in VHF antenna splitter. Should NMEA 0183 GPS data be required for a DSC VHF radio, then Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how such data may be supplied to the VHF radio.
09-26-19, 10:00 AM
Thanks, am also considering the newer Element MFD, but the information on it is very lacking, all documentation seems to be very sonar & fishing orientated, and omits to state whether it can or cannot do the radar and autopilot stuff, can you advise?
09-26-19, 10:18 AM
smurph,

Q1. am also considering the newer Element MFD, but the documentation seems to omit or state whether it can or cannot do the radar and autopilot stuff, can you advise?
A1. When seeking the details of what a product can do, I always advice that customers review the products Advanced User's Guide. The radar features of Element displays are addressed within Chapter 10: Radar app of the LightHouse Sport (Version 3.9) Advanced Operating Instructions. As indicated therein, Element displays support use of Quantum Radomes for those seeking radar capabilities.

Q2. am also considering the newer Element MFD, but the documentation seems to omit or state whether it can or cannot do autopilot stuff, can you advise?
A2. The autopilot features of Element displays are addressed within the Autopilot Command section of Chapter 7: Navigation of the LightHouse Sport (Version 3.9) Advanced Operating Instructions.