Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] gray bar across a-series display
09-07-19, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] gray bar across a-series display
I have an intermittent problem with my A78 MFD that has now become almost constant. A gray bar appears across the middle of the screen that displaces the lower part of the screen by about a centimeter. i.e. the lower part of the image is off the display.

At first, this only happened at random times and then went away after a while. Now it appears almost every time I start up the unit, during or shortly after start-up. It renders the main display unusable, although a remote MFD connected via Raynet or an iPad connected via ethernet both display correctly.

It does not matter whether external devices are connected or not. The same thing happens. I have reloaded the Lighthouse II software, with no effect.

I'm not sure where to go from here... is there a firmware update that I can try?

I tried to include a jpg image, but nothing happens when I click "insert into post."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 02:15 PM
RE: [CA11] gray bar across a-series display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Todd,

Unfortunately, the symptom described and shown within your attached photo is indicative of a failure within the MFDs circuitry. It is accordingly recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply