Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Hypervision vs Axiom Comparison
09-10-19, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 11:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Hypervision vs Axiom Comparison
Hi just wondering how the element hypervision imaging compares to the axiom pro models and also what are the major differences between the units
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 09:53 PM
RE: [TG11] Hypervision vs Axiom Comparison
Hello longy509,

That's a short question with a long answer.

Axiom RV and Axiom Pro RVX have the following sounder channels:
  • 350kHz Chirp DownVision
  • 350kHz Chirp SideVision
  • 350kHz Chirp RealVision 3D with GPS Track mode and roll stabilisation
  • 200kHz wide-beam conical Chirp sonar/fishfinder
Axiom Pro RVX adds a 1kW Chirp or non-Chirp sounder for offshore use.

Element has the same channels as Axiom RV and adds the following:
  • 1.2MHz (HyperVision) Chirp DownVision, like the above but at higher resolution but shorter range (max. 20-25m)
  • 1.2MHz HV SideVision
  • 1.2MHz HV RealVision 3D
    • but has no roll stabilisation or GPS Track mode in RealVision 3D, and no 1kW support as in Axiom Pro RVX.

Aside from this, Axiom and Axiom Pro are touchscreen displays, are networkable and with much more full-featured software and far greater capability to interface to other products. Element are designed as a simple, single-display product for smaller boats. There are a lot of differences, but these are some of the key ones.

Regards,
      Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
09-12-19, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-19 12:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom thanks for the reply do you have any side by side images to compare the hypervision 1.2Hv to the 350Khz
09-13-19, 12:41 AM
Personally I don't have any really representative images to hand just now, but here are a couple taken using the original release software, since improved-upon, which should give the idea. The 1.2MHz will give much crisper, more detailed images but only at shorter ranges.

Tom

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
12-12-19, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-19 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Element Hypervision vs Axiom Pro Comparison
Must replace my old just failed L750 (can you believe it) on my reliable 1998 35' twin 250 EFI CC.

Have just enough room for an Element 7HV or possible 9HV.

I fish usually 10-50 feet depth and very rarely to about 100'. No deeper with that boat.

My essential question: What current device has the best picture? Is it Element Hypervision 1.2Mhz or an Axiom Pro? Or other? We go slow and look for structure. Have an e127 for charting. Will the Element interface well with that unit?
12-16-19, 11:58 PM
Hello On Time,

In those water depths and for structure, I'd go Element. The 1.2MHz channels will go out to about 60' / 20m and then after that you have the 350kHz which is the same as the Axiom range have.

Element cannot network to e127 (it has no Raynet port, and currently the only MFD that can be on the same STNG/NMEA2000 network is another Element), but I'd say that that trade-off is probably worth it for the improved sounder image resolution.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.