Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics SonarChart problem with V17
05-29-16, 03:31 PM
Navionics SonarChart problem with V17
I just downloaded V17.45-00403 via WiFi into my c125 and now when I try to load my Navionics SonarChart I get a message that says my SonarChart 632P+ subscription is not active and that I have to active/renew. This is not true, my account is active until July 2016 (I have renewed for the past 3 years and will renew again). I regularly download updated navigation charts and SonarCharts and upload sonar logs without any problem. The Navionics navigation chart on the c125 does not have this message. What to do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-16, 12:34 PM
RE: Navionics SonarChart problem with V17
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RumRunner2006,

I attempted and was unable to reproduce this problem on my Data Master or It is recommended that you attach a screen snapshot (POWER->SCREEN SNAPSHOT) of the reported message as well as that of the Chart application's Chart Selection menu (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION). Please attach these files to a response to this post. Please additionally attach the following hidden files to your response:
- eligibility.xml
- config.xml
06-06-16, 10:52 AM
RumRunner2006,

Please try to attach the .xml files again.
06-06-16, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-16 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay, this time I was able to attach the xml files. Please see attached.
06-07-16, 08:24 AM
RumRunner2006

To enable Dock to dock Navionics owners must update their Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum chart cards after April 1st, 2016 by visiting the Navionics online store. Please click here to view the LightHouse II R17 Key Features web page addressing this subject.

When performing the update, care must be taken to not only update the Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum chart card with Nautical Charts, but also with Sonar Charts. Accordingly, it is recommended that the data on your chart card be updated again. Additionally, care must be taken when removing a chart card or other microSD memory card from the system ... use the Eject Card feature (MY DATA->EJECT CARD).
06-07-16, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-16 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Chuck,

I have updated the chart card again today, June 7 (after doing the same in May twice), and experienced no problems in uploading sonar logs and downloading new nav and sonar and community charts (see Dump003.png). It is not only dock-to-dock that I can't use, it is also the SonarChart Live functions, the so-called "advanced functions" on the new V17 softward which I can't access. I also used the Eject Card feature to remove the card. In addition I insert the card in my MFD only before turning it on to protect the chip. For some reason, Raymarine still does not recognize the validity of my Sonar Chart (see Dump001 and Dump002). Perhaps some higher level technical assistance is called for?
06-07-16, 01:44 PM
RumRunner2006,

Thanks for the additional screen snapshots. With the introduction of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v17.45 software update, the MFD's Select Chart dialog provides detailed information not only for any LightHouse chart cards within the system, but also for any C-Map and Navionics chart cards within the system. Of note within the screen snapshots which you have attached to your last response is that the Navionics Nautical Charts option does not include any detailed information concerning the Nautical Charts. Did you update the Nautical Charts as well as the Sonar Charts? If not, then these charts should also be updated. If so, then the recommendation of Navionics is to remove and reinsert the chart card in after the MFD has reported that it is receiving a fixed GPS position. Doing so, restarts the card reader and active subscription again.
06-07-16, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-16 12:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It works! So you understand better what happened: I also have been in contact with Navionics and they told me the same thing you did. But, yesterday, I started the MFD with the Navionics card already inserted, pulled it out and put it back in as instructed and it didn't work. Today, I started the MFD without the Navionics card in it and only when the MFD was fully booted and on the home page with a fixed GPS position did I insert the card and it worked. So, my recommendation is that if anyone else has this problem to boot up the MFD without the Navionics card in it and then insert the card only after the MFD is fully booted and on the home page with coordinates showing.

Thanks for your assistance.
06-08-16, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-16 12:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am also having this problem. I will try to follow all of the instructions in this thread. Seems too difficult.
06-08-16, 12:44 PM
RumRunner2006,

Thanks for the confirmation of success. The problem has been logged with the engineering team to seek correction this issue within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-MFD software update.