Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 MFD's-chart problems
05-29-16, 09:09 PM
2 MFD's-chart problems
I have a e125 and e95 that share a Navionics chip....everything worked fine until I upgraded to r17. Now it seems the mfd that has the chip freezes at startup. I gave to the restart it without the chip inserted...when it starts I insert chip. Another problem I noticed is that the resolution gets messed up when you zoom in and out.. I will attach in another reply a screenshot of the e125 and e95 of the same location so you can see

I gave done a factory reset on both and reinstalled v17 but the sme problem exists.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-16, 12:38 PM
RE: 2 MFD's-chart problems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pdog1989,

Did you use a microSD memory card to perform the software update or was the update performed via the MFD's Check Online For Updates feature?
05-31-16, 08:53 PM
Chuck,

I first did the software update online.....then when I discovered the problems I did the update via micro card
06-01-16, 09:51 AM
Pdog1989,

Did you use your Navionics chart card to perform the software update, or did you use another microSD memory card?
06-01-16, 10:00 AM
I used a separate card....only thing on it was the update files
06-01-16, 02:38 PM
Pdog1989,

Please note that the Navionics chart cards which we have tested within our office have not been demonstrated to cause the reported problem. It is possible that there may be some corruption of the chart card's contents, causing the reported issue. It is correspondingly recommended that the Navionics chart card be updated with Freshest Data updates correct any such corruption. For information on Navionics Freshest Data updates, click here.
06-01-16, 02:58 PM
Okay, I will take the card and try that as well......I know I have been updating the card monthly so maybe something happened last time. More and more I think about it, the more I think it is something with the card.

I will let you know one way or another
07-18-16, 07:49 AM
You're welcome.