Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connection to the MFD
09-16-19, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-19 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connection to the MFD
I'd like to connect my ST60 directly to the Seatalk(1) Alarm fitting on the E120 Classic. I have both connectors and a separate cable, and want to make sure I get the cable colors correctly matched to the connectors when I start soldering.
Any assist would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-19, 01:47 PM
RE: [CA11] Connection to the MFD
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum seeray96,

- The data (yellow) lead SeaTalk/Alarm Cable should be spliced to the data (yellow) lead of a SeaTalk Cable, which in turn will be connected to the ST60/ST60+ instrument.

- The ground (black) lead SeaTalk/Alarm Cable should be spliced to the ground (shield) lead of a SeaTalk Cable, which in turn will be connected to the ST60/ST60+ instrument.

- The power (red) lead of the SeaTalk/Alarm Cable as well as that of the SeaTalk Cable discussed above will be not be used and will be insulated to prevent shorting.

- Should the ST60/ST60+ instrument not currently be powered, then a second SeaTalk able will be required will be connected to the instrument's second SeaTalk socket. The data (yellow) lead of this cable will not be used and will be insulated to prevent shorting. The ground (shield) lead of this cable will be connected to ground. The power (red) lead of this cable will be connected to a switched 12 VDC power circuit which has been protected with a 5A fuse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply