Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
08-12-18, 08:18 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
Hi Ian,

RV100s are sometimes mounted under the hull where there's a transom step, using our A80479 adaptor kit, but I don't know of anyone installing under the hull at the transom where there's no step. We don't tend to hear about the unusual installations however. We offer designed through-hull transducers (RV200 and RV300 ranges) for this purpose, and personally I always recommend through-hull transducers if one can be used.

I am guessing that the 'noise' isn't coming through transom vibration because of the different levels on the port and starboard SV views: I think that if it were a transom vibration problem then we'd see the same noise level on both sides. If I'm correct in saying this then moving the transducer further from the engine should reduce the noise level, or installing some sort of baffle. I think that we need to verify the diagnosis first though.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-19, 02:46 AM
Hi I’m in need of some help I have a Axiom 7 with twin Rs-200 hull mounted transducers , the transducers have a clear area on the hull with nothing to deflect from
The port side image is clear & picks up any seabed obstruction but the starboard image has always been weak & only marks obstructions close to the centre line , is this a faulty transducer ? Or something in the settings ?
09-22-19, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-19 10:00 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Captain Crudster,

There are a couple of ways to address that question:
  1. Look at the signal levels in the SideVision views to port and starboard in our recommended diagnostic manual sensitivity setup and send in the images so that we can have a look.
  2. Ask your supplying dealer or local service dealer to check that there's no fault with the transducer.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.