Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS125 Footprint to Axiom
10-01-19, 03:10 PM
Wink GS125 Footprint to Axiom
Are any of the new Axiom units able to “fit” into the spot of a GS125? I have 2 gs125’s installed and would like to move up to at least one axiom without having to re-make my entire dash. Does raymarine make any adapter plates if none of the new axiom’s are a close fit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-19, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-19 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] GS125 Footprint to Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Axiom XL 16 MFDs are the recommended replacements for gS125 MFDs. The footprint of the Axiom XL 16 MFD are approximately the same in the vertical dimension and slightly wider than the gS125 MFDs. The exact dimensions of the Axiom XL 16 MFDs may be found within the Axiom XL 16 MFD's installation template. The Axiom XL 16 MFDs will utilize the same Power/NMEA0183/Video Cable and Ethernet (RayNet Cables). SeaTalkng Spur Cables maybe adapted to be mated to the Axiom XL MFD.
05-24-20, 07:50 AM
RE: GS125 Footprint to Axiom
Thank you for the response. I have been trying to find the specifications on the hardware used for the GS125 and the Axiom XL 16. All I can find is that the axiom uses a quad core processor and the GS125 uses a dual core. Can you provide any information regarding RAM (memory) size and processor speed? I am running lighthouse III on both of my GS125's. The only issue I have is zooming in and out of the chart with 4000 waypoints the machine will stutter and sometimes freeze. Before spending the money it would be nice to know how the Axiom sizes up to the GS hardware wise.

Thank you again for your assistance!
05-26-20, 09:44 PM
RE: GS125 Footprint to Axiom
Hi johnbntampa,

Moving from a gS125 to an Axiom 16 is a substantial step up in processor power as you mention from a dual core to a quad core, however this is not a linear step. All components have their limitations and it's important to align one's expectations with such limitations and when necessary change the usage of a device. I note that you're commenting that the display stutters when you're zooming in/out with 4000 waypoints on the MFD. Reducing the number of waypoints and storing them on the microSD cards will reduce or eliminate the stutter. You can load waypoints for a particular area or a passage that you're intending on going through instead of having all the waypoints loaded at once.

Not disclosing all technical specifications of Raymarine products is intentional.

Happy boating and kind regards
Jules