Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG111] Depth transducer not visible on MFD
10-01-19, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-19 03:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG111] Depth transducer not visible on MFD
Hi

My main instrument display is an Axiom 12 RV.
Transducers include RealVision RV320S/P and a D800/P17 retractable depth only transducer. I thought it a good idea to fit the cheaper D800/P17 as a backup while the boat was out of the water, just in case the RealVision ever failed.
I also have wind, speed, radar, AIS, autopilot but probably not relevant to my question.

The D800/P17 is wired to an ITC-5 (along with the wind and speed transducers).
The RV320's are wired into the MFD.

I can see the underwater profile OK so the RVs are working but I can't see any reference to the secondary depth transducer. Why can't I see this transducer listed in the setup pages of the MFD? I expected to be able to calibrate it for distance below waterline etc, but it doesn't show up on the Axiom. Why is this so?

Cheers,
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-19, 01:29 AM
RE: [TG111] Depth transducer not visible on MFD
Hello Mike,

Sorry you've not had a reply before now.
The ITC's transducers don't appear in the Fishfinder page's setup menu because that fishfinder page only handles fishfinder transducers as opposed to the instrument transducer connected to ITC5. You'll be able to see the ITC5 in the Axiom's diagnostics page, but nowhere on the Axiom will list the P17 depth transducer specifically.
The coming version Lighthouse v3.11 software will allow calibration of depth, speed and wind transducers connected to ITC5 (through Home > Settings > Network > (device list) ITC > Calibrate), but today you need an i70 instrument to calibrate ITC5. LH3.11 will be out very soon.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
10-23-19, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-19 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG111] Depth transducer not visible on MFD
Thanks for the clarification Tom. I'll try to do the setup through the i70 display.