Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element 7 HV for Kayak
10-02-19, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-19 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Element 7 HV for Kayak
I want to order a regulator for an FPV-POWER 17.5AH KAYAK BATTERY to ensure a constant 12V to the fishfinder until the battery reaches its safety cutoff. Regulator options are according to Max Load of the fish finder; either 1.5A or 5A. The specifications of the Element 7 HV states Power Consumption (max 12V DC) as 15W, which translates to 1.25A
My questions:
- Should 15W (1.25A) be considered typical or maximum power consumption?
- If typical; what is the maximum?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-19, 10:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Element 7 HV for Kayak
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JapvdMerwe,

The specification for power consumption was measured with the MFD's fishfinder operating. Accordingly, the 1.5A regulator option should be sufficient for an Element 7 HV unless additional electronics will be powered by the FPV-POWER 17.5AH KAYAK BATTERY.
10-11-19, 11:41 AM
Thank You Chuck,
Do you or someone know if it would be straight forward to attach/bolt the HV-100 transducer to the guardian transducer plate of a 2019 Hobie Outback kayak without the transducer's hanger bracket?
10-11-19, 12:07 PM
JapvdMerwe,

I seen video showing Hobie's Guardian transducer plate being used with Lowrance TotalScan transducer. However, it's design would appear to accommodate other transducer. I would recommend checking with Hobie.
10-12-19, 01:00 AM
Yes, Hobie's guardian transducer plate is specifically designed for Lowrance transducers. However, it allows for bolting other brands of transducers to it, plus Berley-pro is also manufacturing adapter mounts for almost all brands.
Axiom's RV-100 transducer (with hanger bracket removed) bolts directly to the Hobie guardian transducer plate with the same hanger fasteners, by drilling only two holes in the guardian plate.
It seems that the design of the HV-100 (one bolt) is quite different from the RV-100 (two bolts) where it slides onto the hanger bracket.
For kayak fishing, I prefer the Element over the Axiom for various reasons, but it is crucial that the transducer should be mountable?
10-14-19, 10:19 AM
JapvdMerwe,

Raymarine's program manager who is responsible for Element products believe that the HV-100 should be able to be installed onto Hobie's Guardian transducer plate. However, Raymarine has not received confirmation from Hobie after having sent the HV-100's CAD drawing to Hobie some time ago. It would be recommended that the question be submitted to Hobie's support team. I have requested that the program manager who is responsible for Element products also reach out to Hobie again on this subject. Should Hobie respond, then this post will be updated accordingly.
03-05-20, 11:26 PM
Just wondering if Raymarine's program manager who is responsible for Element products has not perhaps received feedback from Hobie regarding the installation of the HV-100 transducer onto Hobie's Guardian transducer plate?
03-06-20, 11:12 AM
JapvdMerwe,

No updates have been received from Hobie to date.
03-09-20, 09:17 PM
I have a similar setup of Element 7, 1.5A regulator from FPV-POWER and 7.5AH battery from FPV-POWER. From my experience this battery can't keep up with the Element power requirements but the 1.5A regulator is OK. When I used the described above setup the voltage was occasionally dropping to the point when Element just turned off. Especially when both down- and side-visions were active at the same time. Eventually I disconnected from the 7.5AH battery and connected to 50AH LiFePo battery that I also use to to drive my 18 pound electric motor. After this the problems with voltage drops disappeared.

Paul
03-10-20, 07:50 AM
Paul,

Thanks for the input please note that the earlier post to this thread addressed a 17.5AH battery rather than a 7.5AH battery. Was there a typographical error within your post?