Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements
10-07-19, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-19 03:05 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements
Hello

I am new in this forum but have life-long experience of using different main brand fish finders for inshore fishing.

My new 2019 Faster aluboat came factory installed with Axiom 9’’ MDF and RV-100 transducer. I have experimented some with this setup and have some issues to solve for my application. Could someone advise me what to do?

I am using dual sonar systems in my boat for vertical jigging; I use another brand unit and 83/200kHz non-chirp transducer at mid-ship position. There is too much interference between this transducer and the RM chirp ( as expected of course...). Is there some way selectively to switch off the RV-100 200kHz chirp elements and keep 370kHz Side Imaging elements enabled ? My assumption is that all elements are physically separated and driven by isolated drive stages...If not, could Raymarine consider developing this transducer element SW switch off functionality, I simply don’t want to add more HW such as splitter cables...

All this Could make my day happier with Raymarine product…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-19, 05:25 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements
Dear Markus,

Thank you for your post.

Currently there is only the option to globally switch off the transducers when you switch of the ping.

I have put this forward to the product manager as a future feature request.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply