Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances
10-10-19, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 04:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances
Hello,
I have just made a change of Raymarine element on my boat and I will want to know if the shema of connection is correct before putting all the system under tension. I also changed my radio for music by Fusion MS-IP700i, this device is compatible with my Raymarine e95, which cable should I use to connect them together ???
a big thank you for your help
Alain

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Shema RAYMARINE.pdf (Size: 939.98 KB / Downloads: 323)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-19, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-19 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Aldej,

Fusion 7xx Series head units feature both NMEA 2000 and Ethernet communications interfaces. As your diagram does not presently indicate that the MFD has been interfaced to devices having an Ethernet communication interface, it would then be recommended that the MFD be interfaced to the Fusion 7xx Series head unit via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45(M) Cable.

The diagram appears to be missing a T-Piece for the AIS650 ... i.e. the AIS650 must be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable (not Backbone Cable).

The termination also appears to be incorrect. When the backbone has been correctly created a unoccupied backbone socket will be found at the two opposite ends of the backbone. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug (blue) will be installed within each of these two backbone sockets. No other termination plugs will be used within the system. A SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) may be inserted into any unoccupied spur (white) sockets within the backbone to protect the socket from the marine environment.
10-17-19, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-19 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello and thank you for your answer,
I followed your recommendations, added a T, AIS information appear on the screen of the e95, depth information, speed and wind appear on the screens of ST60 +, none of its information is visible on the ST60 + TRIDATA and the screen of the e95 instead I have an error message that you will find in attachment. The GPS antenna 130 is read by the e95.
Thank you for your help, have a nice day
Alain

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-17-19, 09:40 AM
Alain,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing why the reported message is being displayed. It is accordingly recommended that the software within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. Additionally, should the MFD not presently be operating with LightHouse II v19.03 software, then the MFD's software should be updated as well. If after updating the software within your products, depth, speed, and water temperature data from the ST60 Tridata Instrument is not available (i.e. reported as dashes) within the MFD's Data application, Databar, or Databoxes after having configured the MFD to display these data items, then it would be recommended that the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. It is possible for a ST60 instrument to display data from the instrument transducer which have been directly connected to it, but not share this data with other products. The latter condition may be indicative of a failure within either the instrument's communications circuitry or SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Converter ... hence the recommendation to have the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter tested.