Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Speed or Temperature with DST800
05-31-16, 10:44 AM
No Speed or Temperature with DST800
I installed an I70 system on my boat about 1.5 years ago. The system has masthead wind, and DST800 for depth, speed, temp, and also an ITC-5 unit. During the last couple of months the speed has been intermittent, and I'm getting no reading on the temperature. Now, the speed has completely failed, and when I search for transducers in the setup, it does not see speed. Also, the LED for the wind on the ITC-5 is blinking on and off about every 2 seconds.

I'm assuming the DST800 has failed, and was wondering if there is anyway to confirm this. Also, I'm located in Trinidad, and was wondering if there is any way to get warranty support down here. The system was purchased from Defender, and is less than 2 years since it was purchased.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Davis
S/V Aloha
Currently in Chaguramas, Trinidad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-16, 04:09 PM
RE: No Speed or Temperature with DST800
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

It is recommended that the DST800 be disconnected from the iTC-5. Its thermistor may be tested using information found here. Its speed through water sensor should be inspected for signs of fouling and should be cleaned if none are found its paddlewheel rotates freely. Its speed through water sensor may be tested using the information found here. Should either of these sensors fail to meet the test criteria, then the transducer's insert will need to be replaced. Transducer inserts for the DST800 may be purchased from Gemeco (Airmar's US distributor). Should the sensors meet the test criteria, then the iTC-5 should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.

Onboard warranty is not included unless the products are installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer. Those installed by others will may be serviced under warranty by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. Transducers carry a 1-year warranty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply