Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
03-07-20, 08:47 AM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Checking back after someone mentioned the pictures never got posted. I'll attach again.

I have one quick question before we come out of storage from the big steel building, splash and go live with the new equipment in 3 weeks.

Per advice, the new P70R is directly connected via screen, yellow, red to one SeaTalk block on the old 150G course computer. The second SeaTalk block on the 150G (screen, Yellow only) is connected to the yellow ng port on the SeaTalk to SeaTalk ng converter allowing it to communicate on the bus. The e125 is connected to the e97 via RayNet, and the SeaTalk ng via white ng cable, and lastly, port 2 NMEA input is connected to the 150G NMEA out + & - for heading. Can't truly test yet because of the big metal building we're sitting in.

Q1. Will there be any kind of conflict in heading due to the e125 trying to get it from radar or built in GPS while being hard wired to the 150G? I assume not as you've suggested this set up. Can you briefly explain or point me to a document? Thanks again.

Walter

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-20, 09:32 AM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Q1. Will there be any kind of conflict in heading due to the e125 trying to get it from radar or built in GPS while being hard wired to the 150G? I assume not as you've suggested this set up. Can you briefly explain or point me to a document? Thanks again.
A1. Please note that with the exception of Raymarine's AR200 Augmented Reality Sensor, Raymarine GPS sensors are not sources of heading data ... nor are radar devices sources of heading data. That said, within systems featuring more than one potential source of GPS data, heading, wind, depth, etc., the system's Data Sources feature, the Data Sources feature must be used to manually specify which source will be used by the system. In the case of GPS sensing products, it is recommended that the GPS sensing device having the clearest view of the skies overhead be selected as the system's data source for GPS, GPS Datum, and Date & Time. Whereas the the system will sense two sources of heading data (NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, it is recommended that the NMEA 0183 source be selected, as it will have a higher data rate associated with it. More information on this subject may be found within the Multiple Data Sources (MDS) section of Chapter 5.7 Set-up menu options of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply