Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom XL/Pro with 4k Raydome and STHS
10-14-19, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-19 03:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom XL/Pro with 4k Raydome and STHS
HI team RM!

I want to replace my C140 with one of the Axioms - my radar is a Radome 4k.

a) Is there way to connect this to the Axiom without re-running cables, its currently connected to the STHS connector on the back. There are two cables connected in that way so not sure what the other one is yet(New boat to me).
b) Is there any major difference between XL and Pro - i was not able to figure this out:)?

thanks

Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-19, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom XL/Pro with 4k Raydome and STHS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nick,

Q1) Is there way to connect this to the Axiom without re-running cables, its currently connected to the STHS connector on the back. There are two cables connected in that way so not sure what the other one is yet(New boat to me).
A1) Radomes which had been designed for use with C-Series Widescreen MFDs are indeed compatible with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. One need simply unplug the SeaTalkhs cable connecting the radome to the SeaTalkhs socket of the MFD, install an A80160 RayNet (F) to SThs (F) Socket Adaptor Cable to the SeaTalkhs Cable, and then mate the other end of the adapter to one of the Axiom MFD's Ethernet (RayNet) sockets.

Q2) Is there any major difference between XL and Pro - i was not able to figure this out:)?
A3) The Axiom XL MFDs are the choice for those seeking class bridge helms and the largest screen sizes available. AxiomXL MFDs additionally feature POE Ethernet ports rather than the unpowered Ethernet ports found on Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs. POE Ethernet ports may be used to power and support communications of standard Ethernet devices as well as those which are designed to be powered via their Ethernet communications interfaced (ex. CAM210, CAM220, RMK-10, FLIR MD-Series Thermal Cameras, etc.).
10-14-19, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks again Chuck. I have two STHS connectors so will purchase two converters. One is definitely radar but Ive no clue what the other one is! So the Axiom XL is my choice and sounds like thats fine since i should not need POE for these converters?
10-15-19, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Nick,

Q. So the Axiom XL is my choice and sounds like thats fine since i should not need POE for these converters?
A. None of the devices which you have listed are designed to be powered via their Ethernet communications interfaced but may be interface to the Axiom XL MFD's POE Ethernet Network ports to support communications between the MFD and compatible devices which have been interfaced to them.
10-15-19, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks as always Chuck, you guys are really awesome at helping with some very technical stuff - I'm so glad i switched over to Raymarine!
10-16-19, 11:30 AM
You're welcome.