Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NMEA logs-can't select SD2
10-24-19, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-19 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NMEA logs-can't select SD2
On the problems with fuel manager thread I was asked to supply logs.
However, when I select MEA 2000 log
OME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->NMEA DEVICES & MESSAGES->NMEA MESSAGES->RECORD->START RECORDING / STOP RECORDING
there is a setting to select SD1 or 2. I selected SD2 and did a recording but it saved to SD1 (my Navionics card).
When I checked even though I selected SD2 it reverted to SD1.

Also when I updated to 3.10.71 via WIFI, I first saved all my data to SD2.
It was not there after the upgrade and in fact SD2 had a cross linked file which caused LH3 to lockup with the little circle indicator running when I tried to restore the data. No controls would work.
(I fixed it with my PC, I lost the backup but luckily had an older backup so I didn't lose much)

I did eject both SD1 & SD2 and powered off the display, removed both cards & did the upgrade, did a factory reset, cycled the power replaced the cards and tried to restore the data and that is when LH3 locked up. I let it run for a couple of hours in case it was doing some data manipulation then power cycled it.

So far the Navionics card still works. I have now installed it in SD2.

I have a Axiom Pro 16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-19, 02:35 PM
RE: [CA11] NMEA logs-can't select SD2
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bernie,

The issue concerning the storage drive of log files was recently reported and has been logged for correction within a future LightHouse software update. Should you have had a saved settings file which is causing the MFD to lock up as you describe, then please attach it to this thread for further analysis.
10-26-19, 05:00 AM
I just remove both SD1 & SD2 from the MSD, to check using my PC
My Navionics card was in SD2
I had a newly formatted 2G card in SD1 with PDF files. This was because I could not select SD2 as the destination.

Earlier today I tried to create NMEA logs (see previous post). They were not written to SD1 as the destination selection but were written to SD2 (my Navionics card.
It seems the logs seem to be written to whatever card the system "sees" as the Navigation card.

Bit of a worry actually. I will get yet another SD card and save all the data. I wont be installing the Navionics card till I am sure it cannot be written to.
10-28-19, 09:04 AM
Bernie,

Thanks for the information concerning the NMEA 2000 logging condition. A problem report was previously logged to address this problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
11-16-19, 07:07 PM
I formatted a 2GB SD Card with Win10 but used NTFS.
I was able to download logs from the axiom pro16. I do know if they will be of any use.
11-18-19, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-19 10:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bernie,

The problem regarding the NMEA 2000 logs not being saved to the selected drive has been logged an should be corrected within a future software update. That said, should the microSD memory card to which logs will be saved be inserted in SD slot 1 (upper) and should the recording destination be configured to this same drive, then execution of the initially specified command should yield a log file similarly titled to "nmea2000_20191118_14.log". The file which you attached is not a NMEA 2000 log file.

Please additionally note that LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 was released late last week and was to include corrections to the Fuel Manager feature. Before submitting any additional logs, it is recommended that this version of software be installed and that the system be tested again. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that a It is recommended the Power ON Factory Reset procedure be executed on each of the system's MFDs to correct the reported behavior and that the MFD(s) then be manually reconfigured (not restored from a system settings file). Should the problems persist after having performed the items recommended above, then please follow up with the previously requested NMEA 2000 log.
11-18-19, 10:12 PM
Thanks Chuck
The files were what was saved. I see they are crash logs not nmea2000 logs.
Will do the full reset once the software updated.
I will do as you suggested, and test the fuel manager before I do anything further.
11-19-19, 09:07 AM
You're welcome.