Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Integration S3G Pilot and P70s with Axiom
10-29-19, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-19 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rainbow [TG11] Integration S3G Pilot and P70s with Axiom
Integration S3G Smart Pilot and P70s with new Axiom
Displays of our C70 Chartplotter and ST6001 are not working anymore and we want to get an Axiom 7” or 9” and new P70s Autopilot Control, a RS150 GPS Receiver and also the AIS 700.
1. We have connected i50 Tridata to ST60+Wind via A06047 STng to ST cable and want to connect the new P70s also via A06047 to the ST60+. We would then connect the other port of the P70s again via A06047 to the S3G Smart Pilot Computer. Is that possible? The info we got is that P70s can’t be calibrated but will steer to WP set on Axiom?
2. We would connect the S3G to the Axiom via the 5-way ST to STng RS52131 (yellow terminal) and an A06045 STng to Devicenet cable (white terminal).
3. We would connect the AIS 700 and the RS150 to a 5-way connector and via a STng backbone cable to the RS52131 (blue terminal). Would this configuration work?
4. Do we need the RS150 as the AIS 700 has also a GPS?
5. Any suggestion for a compatible Radar?
I have attached a diagram of the configuration.
Thanks for your help
Claudia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-19, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-19 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Integration S3G Pilot and P70s with Axiom
Hello Claudia,

You've clearly done your research. Yes, I would wire that system just as in your drawing.

One thing I would mention re. your drawing: we have had a few issues in the past with that particular non-Raymarine AIS. I am very reticent normally about making comments about any other manufacturer's devices, and am normally perfectly happy to see other NMEA2000 devices integrated, but that one in particular has caused us headaches in the past. You might see some references to it elsewhere in the forum.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
10-29-19, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-19 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom
Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks.
Just one more question: besides the AIS700 GPS Antenna would we still need the RS150 GPS Receiver to improve reception for the Axiom GPS?
Cheers
Claudia
10-31-19, 10:53 PM
Hello Claudia,

Yes, that's right. The AIS700 doesn't output its GPS data onto the network, but I think you'll find the RS150 an excellent antenna and well worth the effort installing it. Expect position accuracy of less than 0.6m.

If you ever considered getting a camera on the boat (visible-light or thermal), an alternative to RS150 is the AR200. It has the same GPS sensor as RS150 but adds the capability to do video image stabilisation and Augmented Reality, if you have a current Raymarine IP (network) video camera in your system.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.