Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Changing Waypoint Name Font Color
11-01-19, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Changing Waypoint Name Font Color
Hi. My query relates to font colors for waypoint Name/Numbers on E series (E127). I participate in log events that require being in an exact coordinates at a specific time. I use the waypoint name for the exact time I’m to be at the coordinates. The issue is the font color (blue) which is against a blue sea depth background. Is there a way to change the waypoint name font color to say red to make it more visible and or even a bigger font.

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-19, 03:40 PM
RE: [CA11] Changing Waypoint Name Font Color
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Higgo,

Unfortunately, the color and font size of waypoint names is not user configurable. Should the blue color of the waypoint name overlay not contrast well to the background (typically white in deep water), then it is recommended that the operator consider adjustments to:
- the Deep Water From configuration setting ... consider reducing this value while still ensuring a safe operating depth
- the Deep Water Color configuration setting ... consider coloring deep water blue ... this will cause shallow areas to be colored white.
11-08-19, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-19 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck... maybe it is something that can be added to a future spec improvement update.

Cheers
11-08-19, 08:34 AM
Higgo,

You're welcome. Unfortunately, the final software update for the a/c/e-Series MFDs was LightHouse II v19.03. This would however be a feature which should be considered for the software of current and future chartplotting/MFD products (LightHouse 3, LightHouse Sport, etc.).