Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
01-30-20, 03:17 PM
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Dear Louise, thanks for your feedback.

- Yes I have programmed the 4800bps on NMEA LO OUT with ProAIS2. No issue found to enter with my PC with ProAIS2 into the AIS700.

- I'm aware the GPS fix for the radio can come from either the C80 or the AIS700. I'm NOT interested to get data from C80. I'm interesetd to get data from AIS700 only.

- I confirm first two images are related to NMEA HI IN/OUT at 38400. Btw AIS to MFD connection work perfectly. My AIS data are sent and received by other ships with all the details expected.

- I confirm third image is related to NMEA LO OUT at 4800. It seems the signal is stuck. Dealer change AIS700 with a new one but, as in the prevous version, the signal was stuck as sown in third picture. I check also continuity of all the NMEA wires from the AIS700 connector to the VHF NMEA port, no short circuits or interruptions.

- I used the wiring diagram found in the Raymarine forum, it is in my Picture1 reported in the upper post sent March 2019. I used Chuck threads in Raymarine forum on AIS important threads. http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=34

I'm looking for suggestions to solve this issue and have DSC VHF getting position and time in an automatic way. Every 5 minutes VHF ring as it do not receive valid data...

Thanks for your time Louise,
Cheers MAX
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF - capmax1 - 01-30-20 03:17 PM