Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
03-17-20, 10:01 AM
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Dear Louis,
sorry for pushing myself into this conversation.

I have the exactly same problem with a brand new AIS700 connecting to a RAY60 through the NMEA183 port 2.
All settings were made accordingly in the configuration tool and the corresponding GNxxx data records are also output on port 1 (38k), but not on port 2 (4.8k).
It just doesn't work, nothing comes out from the.
I checked the output with different NMEA183 receivers, always nothing.

Conversely the same problem with the NMEA183 input-port of the also brand new RAY60: Checkt it also with diffent NME183 GNSS-Transmitters,
no chance to send any normal NMEA183 GPS dataset to the machine.
I also changed the AIS700-port 1 to 4.8k and connected it while broadcasting to the RAY60, again on the RAY60 display "no gps data".

Why this oldscool NMEA183 connection?
Both devices are directly connected and thus form a simple reserve navigation system when all the blinbling stuff fails, and it also saves energy at long ocean passages.

Maybe offtopic but in consens is the next problem with the also brand new AXIOM 9:
It does not accept position-data from No-Raymarine N2k devices.
In the Network-Service window of the AXIOM you can see, for example, a 3th-party-Navigation system connected to the network like all the other RAYMARINE-STng-stuff, and you can see how it is broadcasting its GNSS position datas.
However, the AXIOM simply does not accept this and doesnt display the device in the data window when it searches for GPS data.
For my understanding, a plotter should use all possibilities of the network to get a position.
Preferably in a priority order, ordered by the accuracy of the position, but in the end, however, even the most inaccurate position is better than none.Too many restrictions are simply inappropriate at this point.

And so I am increasingly frustrated with the deteriorating quality of RAYMARINE materials, especially in software and firmware.
So much more blingbling, but unfortunately no more substantial progress.
In my opinion, the Lighthouse II generation was among others also much more reliable and powerful in terms of N2K / STng networking and connectivity.

I hope you have an idea about the NMEA183 problem.
The informative value of the published technical documentation can be described as "lean", especially as far as the protocols are concerned.

Greetings from the Island of Ruegen,

Claus

Dreams are the beginning of everything ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF - Peanpe - 03-17-20 10:01 AM