Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e165 cable selections
11-06-19, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-19 11:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e165 cable selections
Hello Raymarine Moderator(s) ...

Yesterday, I managed to finally get my hands on an e165 MFD ... it came with nothing other than the suncover ... I intend to trunnion-mount it to an overhead location at my (Lower) Port Helm station on a 42' Uniflite DCS. The cables will have to enter the salon from above, through the overhead horizontal (e165 trunnion-)mounting surface.

For installation and connection guidance, I am looking at 'a, c, e Series MFD Installation instructions 87247-2-EN.pdf'.

On page 37 of said document I can see a good representation of the connectors on the back of the MFD, however, I cannot find cable schematics in the document (or at the various online Raymarine resellers of said cables) to address my concern about the final, installed orientation of the Combined Power and data cable, Right-angled (R70029) (vs. the Straight variant [R62379] - whose orientation should wind up being straight out from the back of the MFD).

If the Right-angled R70029 cable egress winds up going up towards the top of the MFD (towards overhead mounting surface), then no problem (and most desirable) ... if to the Left of the MFD, not too, too bad ... down or to the Right would not be desirable and I would probably need to go with the Straight cable variant, R62379.

Also, on page 52 & 53 of the above-referenced document, Chapter 4.20 Video in-out connection, a part number (R70003) is given for e9 & e12 MFDs, however, even though the e165 has a dedicated Video In/Out (e Series) connector and those capabilities, it seems to have been specifically excluded in the table at the bottom of the left column of page 53 ... is this some kind of documentation transposition error, or ?

Perhaps there is a different Raymarine part number for the 'Video accessory cable'? (to connect to the 'Video In/Out [e Series]' connector of the e165) At the end of the day, what I need is a DE-15 VGA video out connector as an adjuct of said 'Video accessory cable', as pictured in figure D12328-2 in the middle of the right column of page 52. If not R70003, then I would need a specific Raymarine part number in order to find and order the cable I seek online.

Thank you for your assistance ... Kevin Mc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-19, 11:55 AM
RE: [CA11] e165 cable selections
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kevin,

Q1. my concern about the final, installed orientation of the Combined Power and data cable, Right-angled (R70029)
A1. When plugged into the display's socket, the cable of the right angled power/NMEA 0183/video input cable will be oriented toward the bottom of the MFD.

Q2. On page 52 & 53 of the above-referenced document, Chapter 4.20 Video in-out connection, a part number (R70003) is given for e9 & e12 MFDs, however, even though the e165 has a dedicated Video In/Out (e Series) connector and those capabilities, it seems to have been specifically excluded in the table at the bottom of the left column of page 53 ... is this some kind of documentation transposition error, or ?
A2. While not specified, the R70003 e-Series Accessory Video Cable is applicable to all 9", 12", and 16" e-Series MFDs.
11-13-19, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-19 09:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
... thank you for the Reply Chuck ... sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread ...

So, aside from some reseller / supply chain issues (between Anchor Express / Defender and Raymarine - it seemed I could get one or the other items [of the straight power/data cable and trunnion-mount bracket], but not both from the same reseller at the same time) ... I should now see them both in a couple of weeks. The video cable was easier ... I pick it up today.

Thanks Raymarine Moderators for your assistance with all of this ...

Kevin Mc
11-13-19, 09:12 PM
You're welcome.