Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TG11] SonarChart Live on Axiom MFD
11-08-19, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-20 09:20 PM by crazy_russian.)
[TG11] SonarChart Live on Axiom MFD
I upgraded to Axiom 7 from C70 and Dragonfly 4 only to find out that Axiom only supports SonarChart Live on the MFD itself and not to the Navionics app on a mobile device. This is a shame, and should absolutely be part of the product. I am pretty sure it's software based to stream that data to the app via WiFi, so why not include it in the future update?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-19, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-20 02:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] SonarChart Live on Axiom MFD
Hello crazy_russian,

If Navionics don't offer SonarCharts Live capability on their app - and it is their app, nothing that's within our control - then I'm sure there's a good reason, but I'm sorry to say that I don't have any insight into what that reason is.

The good news is that you have it on the IP-rated, sunlight-viewable dedicated navigation display. Having re-read that sentence, that perhaps may be why it's not available on the Navionics app.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
03-14-20, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-20 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Navionics is not the issue here. Dragonfly 4 sends that data to the iPad, Axiom does not. Sonarchart Live is only supported on the Axiom device itself, and that's a shame.
03-19-20, 06:42 AM
Dear crazy_russian,

Thank you for your post.

What revision of Lighthouse 3 have you got installed in your Axiom, it needs to be revision 3.2 or above for sonar live compatibility?

The sonar live data can be uploaded to the Navionics app using plotter sync. You do require an active subscription both the chart card and the boating app.

Take a look at the information on the Navionics website here for further information.

Many Thanks
06-02-20, 09:33 AM
I have v3.11.42 installed on the Axiom.
06-02-20, 09:55 PM
Hello crazy_russian,

I understand your original point now - that it worked in the Navionics app from Dragonfly, but not from Axiom. You are correct that Axiom does not send Sonar/fishfinder data to the Navionics app in the same way that the Dragonfly do. I believe that this is because with Dragonfly we implemented that capability for use with the Wi-Fish device and non-Chart versions of Dragonfly to allow a charting capability along with fishfinding, and to allow a repeater display on a large screen than the Dragonfly 4 and 5 have. We have not introduced the same streaming capability for the sounder data from Axiom because with its larger screen and built-in charting capability, there hasn't seemed to be the need. I am sorry to say that at least at the current time, I don't think this is going to be implemented.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-04-20, 09:20 PM
I have limited real estate on my boat and especially on my dashboard where I have an Axiom 7 (with a 7 inch display). I have a mount for my 10 inch iPad which I use for other things like music, Netflix, other apps not supported by Axiom, etc. Sharing the MFD screen over WiFi to the iPad is nowhere near the video quality or size of the MFD and lack touch control from the iPad is a non starter. I'd love to be able to see engine data and radar on the MFD and use Navionics on the iPad, which is basically what I had with the C70 and Dragonfish 4. Now I have spent almost $3k upgrading only to find out I cannot have the same experience.
06-05-20, 12:14 AM
Hello crazy_russian,

Yes, in that respect your current system isn't an exact replacement for what you had before. However I suspect that in most other respects it's a long way forward. I'm sorry that it hasn't met your expectation in the degree of integration with the Navionics app.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.