Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Possible damage from EM on C80??
11-11-19, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-19 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Possible damage from EM on C80??
Took the boat up to Melbourne FL for the first time this weekend and when we got around Palm Bay FL, the screen on my MFD started acting crazy. It got worse as we approached Palm Bay and eventually was completely unusable. Had no idea at the time what it was so I thought it basically just died. I look back at it a little while later and it starts looking better, then normal. Seemed like there was some weird interference nearby but didn’t think much of it. Passed back through that same area and it happened again. Based on my previous experience I figured it was pass as I got further away from whatever it is that’s causing the interference. But, it never self corrected so now I’m wondering what the heck happened and can it be recovered. As noted, this is near Palm Bay FL on the ICW where Harris and I believe Raytheon develop guidance and communication systems for the military. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-19, 01:26 PM
RE: [CA11] Possible damage from EM on C80??
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ckroll,

We haven't received any similar reports. Please attach a photo of the MFDs screen when it is experiencing the reported issue. Then attach the photo to response to this thread in order that we may gain further clarification regarding the reported issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply