Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Support Request. Axiom 12 Pro Failure
11-11-19, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-19 04:29 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Support Request. Axiom 12 Pro Failure
Hello Raymarine,

I was trying to install the update firmware to my Axiom 12 Pro. The firmware has downloaded successfully, but during it's installation, MFD has terminated installation somewhere in the middle. Was continued to work fine, but after reboot it only shows a screen saver (moving text AXIOM) and do not react on the buttons, etc.

is any way to install an updated firmware in this situation to make it working again?
Find all posts by this user
11-13-19, 08:10 AM
RE: [LW11] Support Request. Axiom 12 Pro Failure
Dear mayzus,

Thank you for your post.

Is the Axiom Pro still locked in the reboot screen?

You will need to perform a hard power on reset.

Turn off the power supply to the Axiom from the breaker and switch the unit back on. With 10 seconds of the unit powering up press and hold the back key and the window change key (the 2 soft keys on the left of the keypad under the rotary control) simultaneously until a Raymarine recovery menu appears.
Select wipe data/ factory reset followed by reboot system once the reset is complete. (TAKE NOTE: this will erase any waypoints/ routes/ user settings and digital switching files).

This should resolve the issue, I recommend updating the software via a PC and downloading on to a micro sd card on this occasion.

What version of software were you downloading?

Many Thanks
Louise
11-14-19, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 03:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, And thank you for assistance.

Looks like it just did not wanted to run with updated software 3.10.71 which was installed over a very old software.

So, factory reset returned it back to life.

Thank you again!!!
11-15-19, 05:05 AM
You are welcome.
Thread Closed