Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E165 connecting to E125
11-14-19, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 04:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E165 connecting to E125
Hi
Do my Mfd’s have to be connected by Raynet as well as my seatalk network as I cannot access radar from my e125
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-19, 04:25 PM
RE: [CA11] E165 connecting to E125
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hgvman,

Compatible Raymarine MFDs are not designed to be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Compatible MFDs are designed to be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network. Accordingly, these MFDs may be networked to one another by
- connecting the MFDs to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, or by
- connecting the MFDs and other compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface (ex. Digital/HD Digital Radome, Quantum/Quantum 2 radome, HD/Super HD Open Array pedestal, thermal camera, sonar module, IP Camera, etc.) to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch(es). The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Communications requiring high bandwidth (ex. radar, cartography, fishfinder sonar, video, satellite weather) cannot be supported by via a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply