Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Transfer routes to my Axiom Pro 12"
11-17-19, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-19 01:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Transfer routes to my Axiom Pro 12"
I get 2 different results when I try to sync routes with the Navionics app on my tablet and phone.

The 1st image shows the error when I sync from my tablet. Nothing is transferred. The Navionics app on the tablet is the latest available version.

The 2nd image shows the error when I sync from my phone. Despite the error the routes and markers are transferred. The error indicates a problem with the 2nd SD card so I have tested the card in my computer and there are no errors on the filesystem. The Navionics app on the phone is the latest available version.

This problem has been going on since I bought the unit several months ago. I try different things from time to time but I have reached the point where I can't think of anything else I can do to diagnose the problem.

I updated to the latest Lighthouse version today, just prior to syncing. I did the phone transfer first and then tried to sync the tablet immediately after.

While the phone usually does a successful transfer it does occasionally fail with the same message as the tablet had today. Today is the first time I have seen the error message on the 2nd SD card.

I usually use the tablet on the boat so not being able to use it to sync is quite a pain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-19, 11:48 PM
RE: [TG11] Transfer routes to my Axiom Pro 12"
Hello merlin956,

I hate to say it but that sounds like more a Navionics app problem than an MFD problem. If the transfer does work from the phone, but the phone and tablet are showing different results then that doesn't sound like something that would be on the MFD's side. If it were the MFD then I'd expect the same results on phone and tablet. I would suggest sharing this info and the screenshots with Navionics' support.
On the SD card: if it's a Navionics chart card then it should just work of course, but if it's a standard card then check what filesystem it's formatted with. Axiom displays can't properly handle large-capacity cards formatted with the ExFAT filesystem (which is different from standard FAT.) This is because ExFAT is a proprietary filesystem licensed by Microsoft. Either FAT (FAT32) or NTFS should work ok. Cards larger than 32Gb are usually ExFAT.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-26-19, 03:51 AM
I have tried Navionics support and they suggested Raymarine. :-) I do agree with your assessment so I'll go back and try them again.

The card in the first slot is the Navionics chart card. The card in the second slot is 256Gb and it is formatted NTFS. The filesystem checks were okay. The Raymarine is set to use it for some data and doesn't complain about it at all. I suspect this problem may be more a Raymarine thing but it only shows up when I try to sync. This is the filesystem layout:

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
da---- 17/11/2019 1:40 PM Android
d----- 10/10/2019 8:28 AM Manuals
da---- 26/11/2019 6:20 PM Raymarine
-a---- 14/09/2019 4:54 PM 101 Lighthouse_id.txt

PS F:\> tree
Folder PATH listing for volume Raymarine 2
Volume serial number is 6E0F-8DA7
F:.
├───Android
│ └───data
│ └───com.spotify.music
│ └───files
│ └───spotifycache
│ └───Storage
├───Manuals
│ ├───Electrical
│ ├───GME
│ ├───MinnKota
│ ├───Navigation
│ ├───Raymarine
│ └───Yamaha
└───Raymarine
└───My Data

The Raymarine folder was created when I set the 2nd card as the target for screenshots. I created the Manuals folder and its subdirectories. Not sure how the Android folder was created. Also not sure what caused the Lighthouse_id.txt file to be created but from the filename its a fair bet that the Lighthouse OS had a hand in it so I expect that is okay.

The only unusual thing is that when I put the card from the 2nd slot in my computer the Navionics updater launches automatically but then won't interact with the card (since its not a chart card I don't expect it to). The Navionics chart card from slot 1 works fine with the updater. Not an issue but I mention it because it is an anomaly.
11-26-19, 08:43 PM
The Android folder and Lighthouse_id file are created automatically by the MFD, as you have surmised. LH3 displays use Android at their core operating system and that Android folder is created automatically by the OS.

The contents and structure look fine and normal to me. Can you back up waypoints/routes/tracks/settings to that card from the Axiom?

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-28-19, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-19 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, they back up just fine to that card.