Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RAY240 VHF Handset LCD Screen [E45009]
11-18-19, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-19 11:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RAY240 VHF Handset LCD Screen [E45009]
I have a Raymarine radio on my boat and the handset was dropped. A used handset replacement can be as much as $300 on Ebay but I don't need the whole thing. Raymarine sells replacement cords which requires you to open the handset up and it takes about 10 seconds to remove the board from the handset and the LCD from the board once you have it open anyways. Swapping the LCD is no more intrusive than replacing the cord. Sales said they could sell me an LCD screen if I had the part number for the screen but they couldn't find the part number themselves. I was told service would repair the LCD for me but honestly I don't want to spend $150 repairing this handset when I can swap the LCD out myself in under 3 minutes. If anyone has any idea what the part number is for the LCD or a schematic for the device that shows part numbers that would be greatly appreciated. If Raymarine won't sell me just the LCD and anyone knows of a seller on ebay or aliexpress that can supply the $5 screen that would be great too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-19, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-19 08:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RAY240 VHF Handset LCD Screen [E45009]
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum treed,

Please note that production of the Ray240 modular VHF radio ended in 2012 when the Ray240 was replaced by the Ray260. Parts and service for these VHF radios is now limited in scope. The part number for this Ray240 Handset's LCD is R49148. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may find the latest information on the availability and pricing of Raymarine parts, as well as where they may be purchased.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply