Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] es78 Lighthouse II settings - Temperature Off-Set, Heading & Heading Line
11-19-19, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-20 11:50 AM by JeepSWAG.)
[CA11] es78 Lighthouse II settings - Temperature Off-Set, Heading & Heading Line
es78 Data Master
a78 attached via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone CORRECTION - attached via Raynet Network cable
CPT-100 DVS Transducer
Lighthouse II V19

Is there a way to show a heading line, as the old non-touch Raymarine displays used to use?

I've tried to adjust the temperature off-set. When I do, nothing seems to change. I make the adjustment in the settings screen, press the X in the settings screen in order to exit to the home page. When I go back in the settings screen, the offset is still set. Temp in the data bar does not change.

I've attempted to adjust the heading from North Up to Heading Up and nothing seems to change. I make the adjustment, press the X in the adjustment screen in order to exit back to the chart screen. When I go back in the settings, the North Up is set. When I exit, it is not changing the setting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-19, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-19 01:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] es78 Lighthouse II settings - Temperature Off-Set, Heading & Heading Line
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum JeepSWAG,

Q1. Is there a way to show a heading line, as the old non-touch Raymarine displays used to use?
A1. Yes. Detailed information concerning this feature may be found within Chapter 14.17: Chart vectors of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.

Q2. I've tried to adjust the temperature off-set. When I do, nothing seems to change. I make the adjustment in the settings screen, press the X in the settings screen in order to exit to the home page. When I go back in the settings screen, the offset is still set. Temp in the data bar does not change.
A2. Should either of the MFD's be interfaced to a CPT-100, then +/- 9.9 degrees of temperature offset may be configured via settings option within the Fishfinder application. While I might not readily expect significant changes in the graphical temperature represented, the numerical value should change in response to changes to the offset. It is recommended that any such changes be performed while the boat is stationary to prevent sensing of temperature fluctuations in the water passing beneath the vessel. Should temperature offset changes made in this manner not be reflected in the numerical temperature specified, then please respond accordingly.

Q3. I've attempted to adjust the heading from North Up to Heading Up and nothing seems to change. I make the adjustment, press the X in the adjustment screen in order to exit back to the chart screen. When I go back in the settings, the North Up is set. When I exit, it is not changing the setting.
A3. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
11-20-19, 11:16 AM
RE: [CA11] es78 Lighthouse II settings - Temperature Off-Set, Heading & Heading Line
Thanks Chuck,

I tried to enable the vector;

1.SelectPresentation.
2.SelectVectors.
3.Select HeadingVector >Enable

After I made the change and pressed X to exit the setup screen the heading vector does not show. When I go back into the setup screen the setting is set back to disabled. I have not set the heading vector length and width. Do these need to be set in order for the heading vector to remain enabled?

Again, I've tried to adjust the temperature off-set. When I do, nothing seems to change. I make the adjustment in the settings screen, press the X in the settings screen in order to exit to the home page. When I go back in the settings screen, the offset is still set. Temp in the data bar does not change. I have tried this with the maximus setting of 9.9 degrees with not change.

I understand the North Up issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (get it?)
11-20-19, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-19 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
JeepSWAG,

Of the equipment which you have listed, none are capable of sensing heading. Accordingly, instead of enabling the Heading Vector, you should have enabled the COG Vector. I would also recommend that the Vectors Length setting initially be configured to Infinite. Finally, the system will have no valid COG until underway and making way at a speed of at least 2kts. Accordingly, under conditions when the vessel's position will be rendered as a black dot rather than a vessel icon, it should not be expected that a COG vector will be displayed.

If connected to a NMEA 2000 backbone, it is quite possible that the system features another temperature sensing device. This may be verified by switching the equipment OFF, disconnecting the fishfinder transducer, switching the equipment ON again, and then determining whether water temperature is still reported or is dashed. Water temperature data from a NMEA 2000 source will be prioritized over that from the fishfinder and cannot be offset by the MFD. Any such corrections would need to occur directly to the NMEA 2000 source.

Regarding the temperature issue, ensure that the data item's label is "Water". If not, then the incorrect data item has been selected to be displayed. If so, then what numerical value is being displayed?
02-20-20, 08:13 PM
Good news and not. I changed the vector to COG and it works perfectly.

I tested the temp offset and got dashes.
- Powered off the MFD
- Disconnected the transducer at the back of the MFD
- Powered up the MFD

Dashes displayed for temp.
02-21-20, 09:41 AM
JeepSWAG,

Fishfinder features cannot be share among the systems MFDs when they have been networked a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Proper installation would require that the MFD's be interfaced to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Should the MFD's not have been interfaced to one another via Ethernet communications, then configuration of a temperature offset would only be permissible on the MFD which had been directly interfaced to the CPT-100 DownVision Transducer. That said, the other MFD should be able to display water temp (ENVIRONMENT->WATER TEMP->WATER TEMP). Per my last response, please ensure that the data item's label is "Water". If not, then the incorrect data item has been selected to be displayed. If so, then what numerical value is being displayed? Also, I am only aware of the products which you have listed. Should the system feature any other marine electronics products or be interfaced to any other devices (ex. engines, etc.), then please respond accordingly.