Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NO DRIVER DETECTED
11-20-19, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-19 04:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NO DRIVER DETECTED
I have an autopilot p70 and EV-100 installed. It used to work just fine, now when turned on it is in standby mode and when I push "auto" it responds "no driver detected". The ACU 100 box is flashing red. I wonder what is wrong, how can I find the problem??
/ag@abrielle.se
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-19, 05:02 PM
RE: [CA11] NO DRIVER DETECTED
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

The reported symptom may be indicative of poor autopilot drive unit motor, a failure of the drive unit, or a failure of the ACU (either in its SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications circuitry or within its circuitry responsible for powering the drive unit). I would be recommended that the diagnostics features Data Master MFD's or that of the autopilot control head be used to verify communications with the ACU. Should no communications with the ACU be verified, then it would be recommended that its SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 plug be disconnected from the ACU and from the backbone's spur socket, that it then be reconnected, and that the test be performed again. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the spur socket to which the ACU is presently interfaced be tested by connecting another one of the system's devices to that spur socket to verify the operational state of that portion of the backbone. Should the interfaced device communicate with the system's other devices, then it would indicate a problem with the ACU necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should communications between the ACU be verified, then it would be recommended that the autopilot drive unit be tested. Should no fault be found with the autopilot drive unit, then it would be recommended that the ACU be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
12-15-19, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-19 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello again, I have now opened the ACU, and connected 12volt DC to the terminals marked "motor". When I do this, I hear that the drive is running. I guess there is nothing wrong with the drive. Does that mean the problem is the ACU?
/ag@abrielle.se
12-16-19, 09:03 AM
ag,

My prior response indicated that power should be applied to the motor leads of the drive unit, not to the motor terminals of the ACU, as back feeding power through the ACU's motor terminals may damage the circuity of the ACU. Accordingly, it is recommended that the motor leads of the drive unit be disconnected from the ACU and that they then be connected to a 12VDC power circuit to test movement in each direction. If movement of the drive in both directions is observed, then the ACU should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench tested / serviced.
12-17-19, 02:57 AM
Hello again, and thanks for your quick reply!!
No problem for me to disconnect the two cables and connect them to 12vDC. But how do I check BOTH directions? Do I switch the two cables +/-?
sincerely yours,
ag@abrielle.se
12-17-19, 10:18 AM
ag,

Raymarine's drive units feature reversing DC motors. Accordingly, the drive's motor leads feature not color coding. Connecting one of the motor leads to an energized 12VDC power circuit and the other to battery ground will cause the drive motor to rotate in one direction. Reversing the motor lead connections will cause the drive motor to rotate in the opposite direction.
01-05-20, 11:48 AM
I have now tested the drive unit, disconnected the "motor" cables in the ACU and supplied 12VDC. The drive unit works in both directions as I reversed Electric polarity.
I understand that then it MUST be the ACU 100 that is faulty.
As you suggested I will send the ACU to your service station. Thanks for your support.
ag@abrielle.se
02-06-20, 03:38 AM
I have now purchased and installed a new ACU 100. Now I get the fault message "NO PILOT". Any idea what this is/how I can get it to work?
ag@abrielle.se
02-06-20, 08:25 AM
ag,

The reported symptom may occur if the EV-1 and ACU have incompatible software versions. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the ACU be temporarily disconnected from the backbone and then the EV-1 be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. After doing so, the EV-1 should be disconnected from the backbone, the ACU should be reconnected to the backbone, and then the ACU should be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. After doing so, the EV-1 may be reconnected to the backbone and the actions specified within the FAQ found here should be followed.