Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration
11-21-19, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-19 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration
My trawler has a pair of 100 US gallon diesel fuel tanks. The port tank has been emptied, inspection ports installed and the tank cleaned. I plan to install the Oceanic Systems submersible hydrostatic sensor (Part 4652) and tank level adaptor (Part 4291).
A Raymarine Axiom Pro MFD was installed several months ago. I plan to repeat the process on the starboard tank after completing sensor installation and refueling the port tank. I would prefer to add no more than 25 gallons of diesel fuel to the port tank because of trim concerns with an empty starboard tank.
Question:
Is it possible to have an accurate tank calibration with 25 gallons of fuel?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-19, 11:58 AM
RE: [CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DLERMF,

Q. Is it possible to have an accurate tank calibration with 25 gallons of fuel?
A. I suspect that the answer to this question would be dependent upon the shape of the tank. I suspect that this may be so for a tank having a standard rectangular or square shape, but would not be so for a tank having an irregular shape. That said, I would recommend that this question be addressed to the manufacturer of the tank level sensor (i.e. Oceanic Systems or Oceanic Systems US).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply