Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic Periodic Restart
06-02-16, 02:59 PM
E120 Classic Periodic Restart
Hi, I have an E120 which restarts itself about once every two hours of run time. There is no apparent reason for these restarts, they are just random while running. I assume it's a voltage dip possibly or maybe a software issue. Do you have a set of troubleshooting steps I should try?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-16, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-16 03:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E120 Classic Periodic Restart
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hubesail,

Should the system consist of two or more MFDs, then please indicate so and also indicate what other devices having a SeaTalkhs communications interface have been interfaced to the MFD.

Should the system consist of a single E-Series Classic MFD, then it would be recommended that
- you determine whether the MFD has been updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software. If not, then the MFD's software should be updated accordingly
- should a track have been started, it is recommended that it be stopped once per 24hr cycle, saved if desired, and a new track started
- the MFD's power cable should be held approximately 8 inches from its plug and flexed side-side and up-down to determine whether such flexing causes the MFD to restart. If so, the the MFD's power cable should be replaced.
- the power circuit supplying the marine electronics should be checked to ensure that the circuit isolates the marine electronics from high current drawing equipment (pumps, starters, mascerators, thrustors, etc.)
- should the problem persist, then a Factory Reset operation should be executed after having backed up the MFD's waypoints, routes, and tracks
- should the problem persist, then the chart card should be removed from its reader and the system tested
- should the problem persist, then any plugs connected to the MFD's SeaTalk2, SeaTalk/Alarm, NMEA 0183, and SeaTalkhs ports should be disconnected and the system tested again
- Should the problem persist, then the MFD should be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center
06-06-16, 09:42 AM
Thanks so much for the detailed information. I'll get to work on that list of steps.

In looking at the software update, I found the information on memory card size limit recommendations and also not downloading waypoint information onto the chart card. I have already done that in doing a recent factory reset.

Will be more careful with it in the future.
06-06-16, 10:49 AM
You're welcome.