Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with?
03-13-20, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-20 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with?
HI Chuck, excuse my bad english, but i'm French...
I currently have an S1 Pilot computer which has a failure and i need to replace. My installation is ST 6001, S1 course computer E 12114 and hydraulic steering with hydraulic pump type 1. My question is: can i put a SPX 5 course computer in place of S1 ? (because i have found a second hand SPX5 in perfect state at a good price) Before writing you, i tried to find the answer on this forum, but i found 2 different answers: First you, in this message, you say "YES, you can use S1/S1G, S2, S3, SPX5, SPX10, SPX30. Ok, good... But on the same Raymarine autopilot forum, in date of 03.18.2019, page 24, same question, and Derek forum moderator says"The SPX5 is not suitable for a T1 hydraulic pump , it can only be used with the cockpit tiller or wheel drive unit or the0,5l hydraulic pump. The SPX10 is the course computer you want to locate" So ?? I can see a little difference between my S1 and the SPX5 on photo: on mine, there is an output CLUCH, and not on the SPX5, but no wire connected on this output on my installation which was made by ALBEMARLE boats. And my autopilot was working fine. Please, can you help me? Best regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with? - gerard - 03-13-20 04:21 AM