Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronic Upgrades for our Manta 40 Catamaran
12-10-19, 09:48 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronic Upgrades for our Manta 40 Catamaran
Jason,

Your most recent diagram shows significant improvement over the initial diagram. However, the diagram incorrectly indicates that the Evolution autopilot components have been interfaced to a SeaTalk bus (i.e. ST60 Tridata) and to one another. These connections must be removed from the diagram ... more specifically,
- no connection should be shown between the p70S and the ST60 Tridata, and
- no connection should be shown between the p70S and the EV-1, and
- no connection should be shown between the p70S and the ACU200.
As indicated within my initial response, devices featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 socket (i.e. EV-1, P70S, ACU-200) may only be interfaced to spur (white) sockets within the backbone. Accordingly, the backbone must contain enough spur sockets to accommodate each device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communication interface. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additionally spur sockets may be added to a backbone.

- The diagram incorrectly shows that the linear drive is connected to the autopilot control head ... the linear drive should instead be connected to the ACU200.

- The diagram is missing a rudder reference transducer. The rudder reference transducer within the ACU200's package must be installed and interfaced to the ACU200's Rudder terminals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Electronic Upgrades for our Manta 40 Catamaran - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-10-19 09:48 AM