Raymarine forum
c70 replacement - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: c70 replacement (/showthread.php?tid=4099)

c70 replacement - wieltom@yahoo.com - 10-10-17 03:05 PM

my C70 screen fades out, or doesn't always come on, but sometimes works perfectly, so from reading other forums I take it that that unit is failing. everything else works great, radar , gps, depth. can I replace it with a c80, c120 etc. by just pluging it in as the back of those units looks the same? I understand the e series would require additional equiptment??

RE: c70 replacement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-11-17 12:02 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

The communications interface of each of the C-Series Classic MFDs (C70, C80, C120) is identical, permitting the cables to be simply unplugged from the currently installed C-Series Classic MFD and then plugged into the corresponding interface of the C-Series MFD with which it will be replaced.

RE: c70 replacement - wieltom@yahoo.com - 10-12-17 04:03 PM

(10-11-17 12:02 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

The communications interface of each of the C-Series Classic MFDs (C70, C80, C120) is identical, permitting the cables to be simply unplugged from the currently installed C-Series Classic MFD and then plugged into the corresponding interface of the C-Series MFD with which it will be replaced.

Thanks! going to the Annapolis boat show this weekend and will see what they can do for me.

RE: c70 replacement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-12-17 04:42 PM

You're welcome.