Raymarine forum
New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system (/showthread.php?tid=4234)

New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system - Nushen - 11-08-17 07:59 AM

Hi
I am looking for a new autopilot ... the raymarine evolution 400 seems about right for our 48’sailing ketch with a weight of 18 tonnes.

Presently I have a raymarine C120 chart plotter and raymarine wind and transducers of the same generation as the chart plotter.

Will the c120 will interface with the evolution autopilot Through seatalk 1 to seatalkNG?

The wind / deapth Instruments 60+ would probably need an ITC-5 in order to communicate with the new ev400 autopilot?

The existing installation of wind + depth stlll work fine and I don’t want to replace them ...
I could imagine adding a new i70 at the helm to display AIS from my C120

Could you please suggest the components needed to complete the system.

RE: New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-17 10:51 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nushen,

Q1. Will the c120 will interface with the evolution autopilot Through seatalk 1 to seatalkNG?
A1. Yes. The unpowered SeaTalk bus to which the MFD, GPS sensor (model not specified), and ST60+ Instruments have been interfaced will in turn be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will be included within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Evolution autopilot components will also be interfaced.

Q2. The wind / deapth Instruments 60+ would probably need an ITC-5 in order to communicate with the new ev400 autopilot?
A2. This is incorrect. See the response to Q1, as it additionally addresses the ST60+ Instruments.

Q3. I could imagine adding a new i70 at the helm to display AIS from my C120
A3. Should an i70/i70S MFID be added to the system, then it will repeat instrument and other data from the system. However, as the C-Series Classic MFDs are neither designed to support processing of NMEA 2000 AIS PGNs nor bridge AIS data received from a NMEA 0183 AIS data source, it would be necessary to additionally interface the AIS data source to the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit the i70/i70S MFID to display AIS data. Should the system's AIS receiver/transceiver not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 200 communications interface, then it would be recommended that a third party 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.) be used to interface the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q4. Could you please suggest the components needed to complete the system.
A4. As indicated above, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be required along with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to join it to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng /NMEA 2000 backbone referenced above. The SeaTalkng networking components required to network the Evolution autopilot components are included within complete Evolution autopilot packages (ex. T70161 EV-400 Sail, T70162 EV-400 Power, etc.).

RE: New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system - Nushen - 11-08-17 07:31 PM

Thank you for your detailed reply!

RE: New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-09-17 08:37 AM

You're welcome.