Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS (/showthread.php?tid=9196)

[LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS - Jinto - 08-08-19 03:17 AM

I have an Axiom that is networked with ST7001 autopilot and ST60 depth, etc. At sea yesterday I was getting an erratic GPS signal from the external GPS device on the network, so I shut it down and expected the Axiom internal GPS to take over supplying the GPS data. However it did not, and I wasn't able to manually select the internal GPS as I was informed this was not possible with the Seatalk NG converter attached. Any information to work around this would be really appreciated

Thanks
Mark

RE: [LW11] Axiom & Seatalk NG converter - internal GPS - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-16-19 04:22 AM

Dear Jinto,

Many thanks for your post.

I am unsure as to why you were informed you could not use the internal GPS on the Axiom when a convertor is installed as this is incorrect.

What are you using as an external GPS source? You can manually select your preferred GPS source by going to HOMEPAGE> SETTINGS>NETWORK>DATA SOURCES>GPS> toggle manual selection and choose the internal GPS.

Do ensure the internal GPS is switched on - HOTSPOT GPS FIX IN HOME SCREEN>SATELLITES>SETTINGS> toggle internal GPS green for on

Many Thanks
Louise