Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
12-06-19, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-19 04:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
Jeff,

The Data Sources feature need not typically be executed, as the system will default to automatic prioritization for the sources supported by Data Sources feature. As long as the system features only one source for a data item, it will be automatically available to be displayed and used by the system. Only when a second source of for any of the data sources supported by the Data Sources feature is introduced, need one utilize the Data Sources feature to specify which source will be used by the system.

Verify that the autopilot course computer has been powered ON. When all equipment (i.e. that featuring a SeaTalkng communications interface) is operating with current software and when properly interfaced to the system, the MFD as well as the i70 MFID should be receiving heading data via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. It is recommended that you simply configure the MFD's Dashboard application to show the Heading data item and similarly configure the i70 MFID to do the same. After doing so, are these data items populated ... or is the reported value dashes. If the latter is so, then the connection of the SeaTalk bus between the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port should be inspected to ensure that only the data (yellow) and ground (shield) lead of the SeaTalk cable will be connected to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk terminals. The SeaTalk cable's red lead will be insulated to prevent shorting. This connection may further be verified by temporarily inserting your ST8002 or p70 autopilot control head in place of the ST60 Wind to verify whether the control head is reporting heading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-19 03:38 PM