Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers??
02-03-20, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers??
I have been having such a hard time getting the Raymarine transducers. I had ordered the B175M/L pair back in December and they were still on backorder when I decided I was going to split them between the CP470 and the Axiom pro. So I cancelled that order and ordered a single B175M and a single B175L from 2 different vendors who said they had them in stock. I received the B175M and it was the Raymarine unit with the proper connector. However, the other vendor sent me a B175L mix and match with a Raymarine adapter cable MMC-11R-LDB. UGH! The order listed it as Raymarine part #A80048 which obviously it is not.

My first question is are there any technical differences or pitfalls between the Mix and Match B175L with the adapter and the Raymarine version without the Adapter. I called Airmar tech support and they said there is absolutely no difference in performance or otherwise between the B175L with the Raymarine terminator and the B175L mix and match with the adapter cable. They also said that the MFD not identifying bottom in depths less than 20 feet is not surprising.

My second question has to do with the B175M which is the Raymarine version. As recommended, I connected it with an A80328 cable to the Axiom pro MFD to test if it was functioning. The imagery seemed fine but the application did not identify bottom. I was in 9 feet of water. The cp370 / B164 showed 8.9 feet when turned on. Could there be a problem with the B175M transducer or the Axiom pro?

I tested the B175L. and got the same results as the B175M - I can see the bottom at around 10 feet on the screen but the MFD does not display a number, just - . -. The axiom identifies both transducers properly and changing the frequency and ping rate works. They are just hanging in the water so it’s really just a test that they are functioning.

What I would like from the Raymarine forum is confirmation that this is normal so I can pull the boat and have them properly installed.

Mahalo,

Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers?? - DFMott - 02-03-20 10:35 PM