Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Autorouting problems with Axiom Pro
02-19-20, 11:19 PM
RE: [TG11] Autorouting problems with Axiom Pro
Hello merlin956,

Are you frequently doing the same sort of operation, starting an Auto-route when anchored close to shallows? If not, perhaps there's another cause going on which I would be happy to look into. Auto-routing seems to work ok for most people.

Regarding users taking responsibility for their own decisions, I would have no idea of how many people I've spoken to over the years who've happily been doing worryingly hazardous things with their boats and electronics for me to be comfortable arguing that we remove what safeguards we do have in there. Some examples:
  • totally relying on charted depths and GPS position or a depth sounder when running at high speeds in very shallow water
  • leaving the helm in the charge of an autopilot alone when in a busy waterway - and requesting that our pilot do 'waypoint advance' to follow a channel automatically, without checking that there's not another boat in the way
  • attempting to cross oceans solo with a single, 15-year old, under-sized autopilot and no backup

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Autorouting problems with Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-20 11:19 PM