The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Type 3 Hydraulic Drive Thermal Overload
04-04-20, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-20 09:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Type 3 Hydraulic Drive Thermal Overload
Does the M81122 Type 3 hydraulic pump have a self-resetting thermal overload shutoff. Last summer I was on a 15 hour trip from Key West to Fort Myers FL (home). Two hours out of Fort Myers the hydraulic pump stopped working (the autopilot head worked fine just no pump response). I hand steered the last stretch but tried turning the autopilot back on several times with no pump response. A few days after I got back I went down to troubleshoot (?computer voltage output vs pump failure) and the system worked fine. It has continued to work fine on trips up to 3 hours. The pump is located in the starboard engine room of my sailcat. In the middle of the FL summer temperatures in the engine room are probably in the 110-120 degree Fahrenheit range (maybe higher). I've made several similar trips in the last 12 years without any problems. Is there a self-resetting thermal overload shutoff in the pump which could have accounted for this? If not has anyone dealt with a similar problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Type 3 Hydraulic Drive Thermal Overload - rkupsaw - 04-04-20 11:16 AM