Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
07-25-16, 10:33 AM
RE: Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
Fernando,

Q1: What else can I do to update the St-STng converter to the 2.01 version and thus be able to avoid the converter's blocking?

A1: When updating the software of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter,
1) the MFD should be switched ON, permitted to complete initialization, the Limitations of Use acknowledged, and any alert dialogs acknowledged
2) the microSD memory card containing the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's .iso file (downloaded from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software update web page) should be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader.
3) the MFD should be commanded to Check the MicroSD memory card for updates (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK CARD FOR UPDATES)
4) verify that the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s) have been checked
5) select the INSTALL NOW button

Should this fail to permit the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to be updated, then the SeaTalkng backbone should be reduced to the Data Master MFD and one device to be updated. This may be accomplished by either disconnecting spur cables from other devices from the backbone or by disconnecting all spur cable(s) from each device's spur socket. Should the you still be unable to update the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's software, then it should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be updated.

Q2: Regarding my 3rd question (see below), I have updated all the instruments and the es78 to the latest software versions. The HDS7 Lowrance MDF is fully NMEA2000 certified, and it is connected to my STng network. I can read the network info on the HDS7 (wind, depth, heading, COG, SOG, etc) so I understand that the integration of the HDS7 with the STng network is correct and functioning well. When I check the device list on the es78, I can see the HDS7 listed. But I still cannot select it as an alternative MDF. Any suggestion on how to solve this problem?
A2: The Data Master feature of Raymarine MFD's is intended to identify the MFD within an Ethernet network of compatible MFD's. It is generally possible to have an older generation Raymarine MFD interfaced to the backbone as well. While it is not possible to identify one of these retired MFDs as a data source for GPS, wind, depth, etc. it is possible for such MFDs to access data within the system and to command navigation within the system. Raymarine has identified a problem with mixing a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs with some third party MFDs and then being able have Evolution autopilots respond to navigation data transmitted by third party MFDs. Raymarine's engineering team is presently investigating this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158) - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-25-16 10:33 AM