Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a98, i70, RayControl installation issues
08-09-16, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-16 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a98, i70, RayControl installation issues
Doug,

Q1. The Android device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, model SM-T230NU, Android version 4.4.2. I get the same error message from Google Play if I attempt to download the app to a Windows 10-based laptop (although obviously, there is no way of running the app on the laptop). I had no difficulty downloading the RayViewer app from Google Play onto the Android device.
A1. The Raymarine apps are most definitely not intended/supported for use on PCs. The tablet appears to meet the specs of the RayControl app, in all but Android operating system version. It is recommended that the tablet updated accordingly and that the download be attempted again. Should the problem persist, then please respond accordingly and Raymarine's engineering team will be contacted to determine whether there may be any current issue with the Google App store in downloading the RayControl app within Canada. In the interim, you may want to try downloading the app from the Amazon app store (Apps & Games).

A2. Can you comment on why the NMEA 0183 GPS data isn't being used on the other a98 NMEA port to provide a backup GPS feed? It seems as though the R17 upgrade stopped the a98 from making use of the NMEA 0183 data.
A2. NMEA 0183 communications has been verified to be unaffected by the R17 software update. The MFD's NMEA 0183 port settings must be configured to match the BAUD rate of the NMEA 0183 sources being interfaced to the MFD. That said, the MFD's Data sources feature should be used to select the data source to be used when more then one source of any specific type of data is present within the system. Should concerns such has you have voiced occur, verification should be performed by:
- inspecting the MFD's NMEA 0183 ports to verify receipt (RX) of NMEA 0183 sentences containing the data item of interest
- temporarily disconnecting or switching OFF secondary sources of the same type of data ... in this case, temporarily disconnect the MFD from the SeaTalkng backbone.
- verifying whether the corresponding data item(s) are being populated by examining these items within the MFD's Databar, Databoxes, or Data application panels.

Q3. Also, any ideas why one i70 would not upgrade its software?
A3. This was addressed within my initial response. A busy SeaTalkng backbone can cause such occurrences. When this problem is encountered, it is recommended that one attempt the update a couple of additional times before proceeding with reduction of the SeaTalkng backbone's spurs to including only the MFD and the device to be updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a98, i70, RayControl installation issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-09-16 03:21 PM