Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV1 FAILING
08-22-16, 04:12 PM
RE: EV1 FAILING
Ian,

General comment: When updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software, the MFD's SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port will function as a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 port. It is important to note that while software of retired MFDs such as the E-Series Classic MFDs is no longer being updated, the software of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter continues to evolve, making it Raymarine's most effective and up to date SeaTalk to SeaTalkng data bridging device.

As a rule, should the a system include a MFD and at least one other device having a SeaTalkng communications port, then the MFD should be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and should instead be interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the other device(s) having a SeaTalkng communications ports have also been interfaced as spurs. Should the system feature a device(s) having a SeaTalk communications port, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s) (updated with the latest SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software) will be added to the SeaTalkng backbone to support data bridging between the backbones.

Q1: I have a RAY70 feeding AIS, it is linked up to everything else on the Raymarine NMEA2000 system, i have no 0183 connections to my radio nor to the E120. I rely on the STNG converter to connect in the E120. I guess you are saying that with my system i cannot get AIS contacts on the MFD?
A1: As the SeaTalk communications protocol does not support communications of AIS data and the MFD's SeaTalkng port does not support processing of NMEA 2000 PGNs containing AIS data, it is recommended that the NMEA 0183 output leads of the Ray70 be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input leads of the MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable and that the Ray70 NMEA 0183 port be configured to NMEA 0183 High Speed.

Q2: For the EV1, i have now updated alley software on every box to the most current standard , i have to admit that i had fallen behind with that duty.
I took the boat out for a trial, did about 4 full circles to eventually get the deviation sorted out, which was less than 9 degrees. The variation, i am not so sure about, it only lets me select slaved, there is an option for 19W but its not selectable and any way, in My area variation is 16W.
A2: Variation should be configured via the MFD's user interface, where it may be manually configured to 19W should the Auto Variation value not be correct for your area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV1 FAILING - ifmdlvey - 08-17-16, 12:01 PM
RE: EV1 FAILING - ifmdlvey - 08-19-16, 03:52 PM
RE: EV1 FAILING - ifmdlvey - 08-22-16, 03:33 PM
RE: EV1 FAILING - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-22-16 04:12 PM
RE: EV1 FAILING - ifmdlvey - 08-24-16, 08:10 AM