Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I remove the plastic fin from top of Dragonfly transducer?
09-03-16, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-16 04:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: How do I remove the plastic fin from top of Dragonfly transducer?
OK, Thanks Chuck. Did as you suggested, and after a few FIRM taps it popped loose. I now have it mounted in my Hobie PA kayak. For a complete review of how to do this, see http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic...65#p280541
That said, I am not as pleased with the performance inside this well plate as on a RAM transducer arm over the side of the yak. Despite my best efforts to mount it securely, today when out on the water I discovered that despite a reasonably good downvision image, regular sonar mode it is not "seeing" the downrigger ball (starboard side) or a jig lowered on the starboard side of the kayak. It sees the jig if lowered on the port side. Also, fish arches are not symmetrical - they look more like inverted checkmarks, more elongated on one side than the other. I suspect that this means that the transducer is not pointing straight down, or at least is not pointing at the angle that would alleviate these artefacts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I remove the plastic fin from top of Dragonfly transducer? - Jim_MI - 09-03-16 03:31 PM