Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E125 Anomalies (includes Autopilot)
09-22-16, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-16 08:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E125 Anomalies (includes Autopilot)
- After the AP software was updated, the P70 gave a message that recalibration was required. The dockside wizard was subsequently run.
- The P70 display (and also the E125) report proper rudder position. The direction (port/stbd) is correct and the rudder angle appears to be correct.
- When +/- 10 is commanded, the AP correctly responds depending on mode (locked heading or wind vane). I don't believe the P70 gives direct control over the rudder.
- If "Go to Waypoint" is selected on the E125 and the AP is engaged, it works fine. I haven't tried "Go to Position".
- The boat was positioned on the first leg of the route, waypoint was advanced so it was the second waypoint. Track mode was then engaged. The waypoint was displayed on the E125 and the BTW was consistent with boat position. The behavior occurs on any leg going to the next waypoint.

Did you get the photos of the E125 screen? One shows making a 32 degree turn to port to go from a heading of 217 M to the BTW of 218 M. I'd expect to make turn 1 degree stbd. The other photos show similar inconsistencies. They all appear to be off by about 33 degrees to port. The E125 manual (page 83) shows turning 166 degree to starboard when the BTW is only 68 degrees to starboard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E125 Anomalies (includes Autopilot) - Ron.Ricci@1968.usna.com - 09-22-16 07:24 AM