The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict
09-27-16, 10:23 AM
C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict
I am using a C95 chartplotter connected over a Seatalk NG network to an ITC-5 (for wind and speed) and an AIS 650 transceiver. I am also using 2 x i70s displays and one p70 display for the autopilot. All gear is Raymarine.
I HAVE UPDATED ALL MY SOFTWARE FOR ALL MY RAYMARINE COMPONENTS with the latest update.

My problem is the two GPS receivers in the system (the one that connects to the AIS 650 and the internal one on the C-95) seem to conflict. I usually run both and use the internal settings on the i70s and the C-95 to select which GPS source to receive. Usually all units are set to read from the internal GPS on the C-95 except the AIS which cannot be made to accept an external signal other then the one from its own hardwired GPS antenna.

1st symptom: while running both AIS and Chart plotter, the chart plotter will loose its fix, shutdown and restart on its own. A thorough check of DC supply discarded that as a cause.

2nd symptom: When I switch off the internal GPS on the C-95 and try to select the AIS GPS as the source for fix in the DATA SOURCES menu under SET UP on the C-95, the AIS does not show up as a source choice. Although the AIS shows up as a DATA SOURCE option under the i70s set up menu.

3rd symptom: With the internal GPS in the OFF position, under the VIEW satellites menu in the SETUP for C-95 internal GPS, the display does not show any satellites BUT does show AIS 650 as GPS source !!

4th symptom: When using the C-95 internal GPS as DATA SOURCE and running the AIS 650 and its own GPS, under the PRO AIS2 app used to configure the AIS 650, the page displaying satellite signal shows no satellite at all. As soon as you switch the C-95 and its GPS off, the AIS PRO satellite page displays all satellite in view and shows a solid fix.

So there's a conflict somewhere but I have no idea how to solve it. All I want is ideally for the AIS GPS to be the sole source of positioning on board. And maybe strictly use the internal C-95 GPS as a back up if the AIS fails.
Any help much appreciated. Thx JB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict - enzojeanb - 09-27-16 10:23 AM