Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict
09-27-16, 01:32 PM
RE: C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict
JB,

Regarding the i70 Data Sources feature listing the AIS650 as source of GPS data, it is possible that the software of the i70 and/or AIS650 is not current. Accordingly, it is recommended that the software level of all devices which have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone be inspected to determine their respective version and if any are found to not be current, that the software of these products be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Please additionally note that the AIS650 which has been interfaced to my system (includes several a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and i70 MFID) does not list the AIS650 as a GPS data source.

The system which you have specified will support GPS data from a GPS sensor supporting SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications, NMEA 0183 communications, or SeaTalk communications (the latter requires a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter). Raymarine does not offer any GPS receiver-only display. If seeking to interface the MFD to an external source of GPS data, then it is recommended that the system's SeaTalkng backbone be interfaced to a Raymarine Raystar 130 GPS Sensor. After interfacing the backbone the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor, then the c-Series MFD's Data Sources feature should be configured to MAN and the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor should then be selected as the system's source of GPS data. No data source selection need be or should be executed via the i70 MFID, as any source selections applied by a Data Master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD will be applied throughout the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict - enzojeanb - 09-27-16, 10:23 AM
RE: C-95 - AIS 650 GPS conflict - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-27-16 01:32 PM