The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeaTalk device connections to e95 MFD
02-21-16, 04:44 PM
SeaTalk device connections to e95 MFD
In planning an MFD and radar upgrade on my 2006 Beneteau 393, I’m trying to anticipate how to configure the network for it. I currently have the following:
E80 Classic MFD
2kW 18” analog radome
Raystar RS125 (I believe) GPS receiver
S2 Smartpilot with ST6001 controller and wireless SmartController
ST60 wind instrument
ST60+ Tridata
I’d like to upgrade the MFD to an e95 and the radar to a new Quantum CHIRP radome, and I have a few questions.

1. As I understand it, I’d need to connect my current SeaTalk devices (ST6001/autopilot/wireless base station and the ST60/ST60+ instruments) to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter, which will connect to the e95 through SeaTalkng. However, the installation instructions for the converter state:

“SeaTalk autopilot (e.g. S1, S2 or S3 course computer with ST6002 controller) — This cannot be connected to the converter, nor to any device on the converter’s SeaTalk spur. A SeaTalk autopilot will usually be connected directly to the multifunction Display.”

If that is true, how can the ST6001 autopilot controller, S2 course computer and wireless controller base station be connected to the e95 MFD?

2. Can the SeaTalk cable that is currently connected to my E80 MFD be connected directly to the Seatalk to Seatalkng converter, or would I need a different cable?

3. In order to connect the RS125 GPS antenna, would I need a second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter and a new antenna cable? It is on a radar pole, just a few feet from the MFD on the steering pedestal (which is under a canvas Bimini). Given that the e95 has an internal GPS, would the external antenna add enough value to justify the expense and effort of connecting it?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SeaTalk device connections to e95 MFD - condraj1 - 02-21-16 04:44 PM