Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A68 (replaced A67) and older thru hull transducer
11-12-16, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: A68 (replaced A67) and older thru hull transducer
Hi Chuck,

I took your advice about getting the bidata instead of just the depth, and am quite pleased with it. I really like the large display of the depth - easy to see from anywhere in the cockpit. Thank you!

I have one question though... sometimes (pretty rarely) the i40 will get confused about the depth when we pass over a "noisy" area, such as when I back down during anchoring. (and of course in the wake of a large ship, though I wouldn't expect it to work in that case) The depth shows as about 2.7 feet which is clearly wrong asI have a 6 foot draft (note that I have the offset at +1.1ft, so the depth from the transducer is reporting is actually about 1.6ft.) . I know it is possible that my old transducer is not performing well, and I can live with it, but just thought I would see if there is anything I can do.

In reading the manual, it looks like "Depth Response" might be the only real adjustment available. Is "Depth Response" useful for reducing this effect? i.e. reduce the sensitivity to shallow noise? Or can anything else be done?

Thanks,
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A68 (replaced A67) and older thru hull transducer - Cp111 - 11-12-16 05:05 PM